Last Modified: December 2018
Welcome to the Engel & Völkers website.
ACCESSING A WEBSITE AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any Website, and any service or material we provide on such Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of a Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of a Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
• Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to a Website.
To access a Website or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain contact, registration details and/or other information from time to time which, depending on the services used, may include, but not be limited to, (i) for all users – name, telephone number, email address, (ii) for sellers and lessors of real estate – address of applicable real estate, detailed descriptions of the premises, price, down payment, rental terms and other similar information; and (iii) with respect to buyers and lessees of real estate – home address and other additional contact information, timing requirements, search parameters, descriptions of premises desired and any User Contributions.
It is a condition of your use of a Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current and complete.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to a Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
LINKS FROM A WEBSITE
A Website may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only. These links include links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. The use of links to third party websites does not constitute or imply any affiliation with any of the third party websites or the owners thereof, and we do not endorse any such websites. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to a Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Websites and each of their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Engel & Völkers, its Licensees, licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
• Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
• You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
• You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
• If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
• To the extent we link to social media networks in connection with the Website, e.g., Facebook, Google +, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media networks, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
• Modify copies of any materials from a Website.
• Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
• Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from a Website.
The Engel & Völkers name, the terms ENGEL & VÖLKERS®, E&V® (stylized lettering in red and black), GG® (stylized lettering in red) and GG GLOBAL GUIDE®, the Engel & Völkers logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Engel & Völkers and/or its Engel & Völkers Constituents. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Engel & Völkers. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on a Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Engel & Völkers respects the copyrights of third parties. You may not use the Website to post, modify, distribute, or reproduce any copyrighted works without authorization or to otherwise infringe the copyrights of a third party. It is our policy to terminate access by users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others upon receipt of proper notification by the copyright owner or its legal agent. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been posted or used on this Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with written notice containing the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work (or in the case of multiple works, a representative list of such works) claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and the location of that material; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that allegedly is infringed. Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement may be reached by mail at: Copyright Agent, Engel & Völkers Americas, Inc., Attn.: Cindy Kelly, 430 Park Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10022, United States of America; or by email at: Cindy.Kelly@engelvoelkers.com.
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, provincial, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
• For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Engel & Völkers, an Engel & Völkers employee, an Engel & Völkers Licensee, franchisee or broker, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of a Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Engel & Völkers or users of a Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use a Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
• Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access a Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
• Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on a Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
• Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of a Website.
• Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of a Website, the server on which a Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to a Website.
• Attack a Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
• Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of any Website.