Fresh Start – Welcome January, 2022
2022 is a fresh start and I’m ready for it! January is in full swing, the first month of a brand new year. Do you have any resolutions or goals that you want to achieve this year? Maybe buy your first home or at least get everything in order to potentially buy? My friend Jennifer Brophy is a Mortgage Broker here in Whistler and she wrote a great blog that features lots of FAQ’s. As always, I am happy to answer any questions you might have, feel free to email me.
WHISTLER IS OPEN
Here in British Columbia, provincial restrictions are in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and you can read them more here. One item in particular to note is that businesses across the hospitality sector are struggling with ongoing labour challenges due to the pandemic. These labour challenges are resulting in some businesses needing to modify their available services and hours of operation. I would recommend checking out this directory and great resource to review restaurant and activity partners before arriving in Whistler.
MY TOP 5 WAYS TO GET ON THE MOUNTAIN
- WHISTLER BLACKCOMB is open for the season and we have had QUITE the start. Whistler has received more than 6 metres (21 feet!) of snow this season so far with more in the forecast. Cooler temperatures in the valley means this snow has stuck around so Whistler is looking extra spectacular. All the trails on both Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains are riding well with spectacular snow. Check out trail conditions and statuses of lifts here.
- SNOWCAT TOUR – this is a great and unique tour and one of the things I recommend the most for visitors coming to Whistler for the first time. You don’t need to be an expert skier for this because you’ll just be enjoying the view from INSIDE a heated Snowcat. Once the sun goes down, all aboard this hour-long cozy snowcat ride until you arrive at the ever- charming Crystal Hut, where your alpine fondue dinner awaits.
- SKI SOMEWHERE NEW – As long as you have the right gear, the right conditions, the right friends….and the right snacks – why not explore some new terrain this winter. WHERE you ask? Check out this feature on the best ski runs in Whistler.
- SOAR – Feel the wind in your toque as you soar through the sky with Superfly Ziplines on Cougar Mountain. Start with a 4×4 ride up the mountain before you zip an glide between mountain peaks. The longest zipline is over a kilometre long and 200 metres high!
- CROSS-COUNTRY SKI – This sport is becoming increasingly popular with any and all ages! Lost Lake Park features more than 30 kilometres of groomed trails. Night skiing is also available, as are lessons and rentals.